Question 6900xt Red Devil Limited Edition VRAM Dying Help Please Help Help

Dec 17, 2021
Howdy,

So my 6900xt Red Devil limited edition I have had the card coming up nearly a year every thing has been fine and the card has been great.

Currently I'm having some. Issues with Battlefield 2042 and just want to see if anyone else has the same problem. but i cant find anything close to the issue. i do have a video but i cant uploaded it directly to this post it but i can link to another post i made

https://linustechtips.com/topic/139...ners-i-need-help-and-advice/#comment-15140066

BF 2042 I can't play the game at any clock speed higher then 1700mhz with out artefacts. Flashing little spots etc.

I don't have the issues with any other game. That I can find.

Any info pr help would be great i have searched the internet for videos images of the same issue I can't find any.

I have update all my drivers and chip-set etc on my PC and done driver clean ups in windows safe mode

I have also swapped the GPU out and i did not have the same issue with my 5700xt this leads me to believe it is my vram is failing.

Unfortunately i cant return the card i got it second hand but it had never opend or had been used.

More Information I have ran over-clocks on the GPU abut nothing insane and nothing that i would have expected the GPU to degrade this quickly.
I have always monitored temps on the GPU and have also kept the fan curve more aggressive also.

Just curious to know if what i think is wrong is likley to be the issue.

Regards Harry

Pc
Asus X570 rog strix gaming f
5600x
32gig ram 3200mhz cl16
6900xt red devil limted edition
970 evo 500g windows
970 evp 1tb game storage.
Silverstone 1200watt power supply
Case 5000d

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The first suggestion I would offer would be to look on game specific forums and such to see if anyone else is having issue. It could be a bad update, or similar.

Might be worthwhile to check your video driver and make sure you have the latest.

Dec 17, 2021
The first suggestion I would offer would be to look on game specific forums and such to see if anyone else is having issue. It could be a bad update, or similar.

Might be worthwhile to check your video driver and make sure you have the latest.
yeah i have done updates to all drivers across the board but posting in a bf2042 section might be the go also thanks

TRENDING THREADS