Almightykod

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you all for keeping this forum up, it has been very helpful for me in the past and i still use it "obviously".

now my issue is Im running 2 690s in quad sli. and the problem is they are not performing as 2 690s should. benchmarks and what not it runs really low. even in windows rating "i know it is useless" i get like 7.0 on it

so i used the evga precision software and i found 2 things i can't really understand

gputhrotting.jpg

gtx690nopowertarget.jpg

computer specs are
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7-3960X
CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB 1866
2xSAMSUNG 830 raid 0
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500

and both the 690s are evga

I will add 3dmark benchmark numbers when i get home but they are pretty darn low. like atleast 30-40% less than what i should be getting

Dolph123

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Make sure your cards get enough air and your case is well ventilated. Secondly reduce the clocks. When you find a stable clock where the GPU doesn't throttle, slowly work your way up. Other than that, reinstall your drivers and do some research on Google about GTX 690 throttling issues.

Almightykod

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

loool room mate took those screenshots. and i tried the 20% power target but still the 2nd car doesn't have a power target slider as you can see in screen shot

Almightykod

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

I tried that even reinstalled a fresh windows in order to make sure the driver files are ok

but i haven't tried over clocking the cpu yet. although honestly i didn't want to overclock anything in this computer

Almightykod

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

my case is well ventilated and it has enough fans running as ins and outs i don't know the proper English word for that lol

and btw I ran a stress test and for some reason after doing that the throttling is gone. but performance is still pretty low i will make the 3dmark test and link the results in a few

G

Please tell me your not running those on a 1080 display. Please tell me you have at least 3 x 30" displays with those cards, otherwise you need to be taken out back and beaten...

Almightykod

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012

new monitors are coming soon ;)

Yeah that would be a issue running 690 in sli on a single 1080 display rofl! If i had 690 in sli i be running three BenQ XL2420T or three ASUS VG278H.Anything less then at least a single Dell UltraSharp U2711 would be pointless and a lost cause imo.

Perhaps you could show us your GPU-Z screen shots of both cards info.

Honestly, with that setup, it is hard to know if you have an issue or are bottlenecked by the CPU. You may need to wait until you have your monitors before you can get meaningful info from benchmarks. A healthy CPU OC could help your 3dmark11 score. If a CPU OC increases your 3Dmark11 graphics score, then you clearly have a CPU bottleneck.

Make sure the cards are in the right PCI-e slots to optimize speed. not sure on the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme but on the EVGA Z77 it is slot 2 and 4. Uninstall everything, drivers etc. Reformat fresh install OS Install only one card and then install the drivers. Let the graphics card install and reboot into the OS. Once you see the card and two GPUs in device manager. Shut down the computer and install the second card. Boot up the computer and let the computer find the second card. Make sure that the device manger sees 4 GPUs. Shut down the computer and put the SLI bridge on. Boot up the computer and then look at what the NVIDIA control panel sees and then try to enable SLI. You should then be o.k. Sometimes installing multiple GPUs cards with the SLI cable on confused the installation. Try that. I know you did it once but do it again what do you have to lose it's worth a shot.If it works but then says Display not optimized probably means that the display resolution isn't set to native resolution.The only other suggestions i have is to overclock your cpu to 4.5GH if nothing works sign up a account here and ask for help http://www.overclock.net/t/1249960/official-nvidia-gtx-690-owners-club