6950 so poor after flashing back - help me pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicaus

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hello guys,

how are you all . . hope every one is comfy with his PC :)

well I'm not :??:

I have HIS HD6950 2GB (referance model) in crossfire.
I flashed them both to 6970. one of them perfectly flashed and i'm more than happy with it's performance.

the second one, unfortunately stuffed up. so I flashed it back to original bios.
So I had to flash the first card as well to original bios .

now with both running at stock speed and voltages . .
The problem : when enabling crossfire, the computer keeps on crashing as soon as openning 3D apps eg:games

Does my other card looks healthy in cpuz? is this caused by a bad bios ?
or my card is now damaged? the card performance is so poor.

how can i fix this ? because i'm running the original bios as far as i know

dcs.png

Solution
You might have to reinstall the drivers, but to make sure that you did flash back to the right bios, you might want to use the bios switch and place it in the 2 position. It should be as if you hadn't changed the bios at all. If there are no problems, then you likely made a mistake when you flashed it back to the original bios.

If that solves your issues, you can save a copy of your backup bios, and flash that onto the flashable bios.
You might have to reinstall the drivers, but to make sure that you did flash back to the right bios, you might want to use the bios switch and place it in the 2 position. It should be as if you hadn't changed the bios at all. If there are no problems, then you likely made a mistake when you flashed it back to the original bios.

If that solves your issues, you can save a copy of your backup bios, and flash that onto the flashable bios.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS