[SOLVED] 6pin fan

DomisAcuteperson

Commendable
Oct 22, 2020
So basically I just ordered a new fan from amazon and because im building a new pc I thought id need a cooling upgrade but when i took a look at the fan i saw 6pins so i knew id need a controller so im just wondering if someone can send me a micro ATX case WITH a controller inside (with 6 pins in the controller) Thanks

Edit: and under CDN150 if you can

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So basically I just ordered a new fan from amazon and because im building a new pc I thought id need a cooling upgrade but when i took a look at the fan i saw 6pins so i knew id need a controller so im just wondering if someone can send me a micro ATX case WITH a controller inside (with 6 pins in the controller) Thanks

Edit: and under CDN150 if you can
What fan did you order post a link to it,

EDIT to recommend a case you would need to list everything your going to use. In general buying a new case just to use a new fan is not very good economics.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B084VKKR7J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This fan it does say it cant be used alone (Found that out after i got it)

Can't you just return it? The fan controller they sell looks extremely proprietary. Some of their other fans use an equally odd connector, a nine-pin connector. Something less dodgy would be a better use of your money.

I've never seen any fan controller that would operate this fan, let alone a fan controller that specifically is included in a micro-ATX case.

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I guess i could return it any fans you could recommend

If you're just looking for cheap RGB fans, the UpHere fans are usually the go-to cheap RGB knockoff solution. They at least connect to normal equipment.

But it would be far more useful to just give us your full specs and your current one. Adding a single fan might not be needed or it might be insufficient.