Question 6x rgb fans on micro atx board

heavymetal2000

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
I'm currently running an r5 2600 along with a saphire nitro + rx580 8gb and 16gb of gskill trident Z rgb ram on an msi b450m gaming plus in a fractal design meshify mini C case.

I'd like to install 2x intake rgb fans 2x exhaust rgb fans, and 2x cpu tower cooler rgb fans (push/pull).

My mobo only has 2rgb headers and 3 fan headers with 1 being dedicated to the cpu cooling fan.

Is my best option an rgb controller kit or can I do this all on my mobo? I've seen daisy chain and splitter setups but I'm also told that the mobo headers have an amperage limit and I'd rather no exceed it, same goes for the rgb headers.

You better get a PWM Fan Hub and LED Controller. Problem with splitter - although they are safe - is no control over separate fans - one speed for all.

You can get a splitter for RGB if you want to save some buck. But same would apply here - one color control for all fans.

heavymetal2000

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2012
I kinda figured I'd end up needing one, but I appreciate you confirming.

I've been using NZXT CAM exclusively since building my desktop in January to monitor temps and load which kinda has me looking into the grid+ V3 controller for 70$ or I can get the smaller and not as dynamic Phanteks hub for 40$.
Any suggestions?

As for rgb controllers though, can you recommend any? The NZXT Hue controller is ridiculously expensive, like 174$ in canada atm. Cant justify that when right now I can get rosewills controller with 3 fans for 60$ and it has mystic light sync.
Speaking of which what do people think about the rosewill fan rgb hub?