Question 6yr old build, strip, sell or new build

brummy71

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Hi all,
november 2016, I decided to splash out and buy a really good pc, I bought it from SCAN 3xs, it cost me £7.5K
2x TITAN X pascal in sli
asus rog strix x99 motherboard
intel i7 6900k
32gb ddr4 (4x8gb) 2666
1000w psu
Corsair 760t case
2tb hard drive
1tb nvme m.2 ssd
the cpu and both GPU’s are watercooled

now I have since upgraded and this pc sits there doing nothing, my 2 youngest children (10+11) have old 1050 ti pc’s with ddr3, I am tempted to separate the two Titan x gPu’s and build the 2nd pc around the titan (splitting the ddr4) I have several Ssd’s laying around too so all I would need is A case and a motherboard, CPU and maybe a psu. Advice on which components to get would help

is this worth the effort or am I better off selling my old pc (and how much is it worth?) or breaking it down and selling?
any advice would be appreciated

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Then I will need a case, motherboard and cpu to build a similar, not wanting to spend a lot maybe up to £300 any recommendations new or 2nd hand

I apologize in that I am not familiar with your market.

I think with the above considerations in mind, would probably be looking at a 10th gen + i3 based system with inexpensive mobo and whatever you can find PSU wise that would power those beasts. I also make certain assumptions based on you still having the air coolers for those Titans.

brummy71

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Yes I certainly have at least one of the coolers still with the box, the other I can leave connected to the watercooler, if I remember correctly I should still have the original psu, I upgraded to 1000w (from850w) when I installed extra SSD’s just to be safe
Thank you