[SOLVED] 7.1 PC speakers recommendations please

9up

Mar 28, 2020
Hi - I have Creative 5800 5.1 surround sound and just got an Asus Strix 7.1 soundcard.
I am looking to upgrade the 5.1 surround speakers to 7.1 and was wondering on any recommendations please ?
I can get more speakers for the 5800, but the sub only has the front left and right, rear left and right.

Solution
Thanks very much for the reply.
Creative do some models with 7.1 , but they are quite rare.
Is a home theatre setup hard to do with a PC ?

You'd have to get a surround sound receiver with 7.1 inputs for separate speakers like the multi-channel input in this Sony set in the picture, then find a way to set up all the speakers you would have around your area with wiring and mounting hardware. You should also be able to use the video card HDMI output and use the pass-through connection on the receiver for audio, if your video card supports 7.1 audio.

91GoXmKVvhS._SL1500_.jpg
They don't make any 7.1 computer sets, at least I have never seen any, so you will need to buy a pair of powered speakers for the side ones like these smaller JBL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MHQZV62/ref=psdc_11974991_t3_B075QVMBT9

Not really a very good solution in your setup, I'd just stick with 5.1 like you have working now or replace the setup with a 7.1 receiver and full home theater speaker setup, which will probably be a lot more than what you want to spend.

9up

Mar 28, 2020

You'd have to get a surround sound receiver with 7.1 inputs for separate speakers like the multi-channel input in this Sony set in the picture, then find a way to set up all the speakers you would have around your area with wiring and mounting hardware. You should also be able to use the video card HDMI output and use the pass-through connection on the receiver for audio, if your video card supports 7.1 audio.

91GoXmKVvhS._SL1500_.jpg

Solution