[SOLVED] 7.8 seconds i last bios time??

thedeadlylordgaming

Proper
BANNED
Sep 25, 2018
Hey i noticed that it said 7.8 seconds in last bios time and that is pretty long. Is there anyway i can fix this? And yes i have disabled some programs in task manager and msconfig currently i have 3 programs at startup which is Razer synapse,Razer game booster and steam and thats it. It has to be something else then having to much programs and services at startup. I also have taken a deep scan for virus and malware and my pc is clean and there is no change performance wise when its booted up so i really dont know what could be causing it. And after i have typed in my password and i get to the desktop a black cmd window pops up for like 0,5 seconds. This started like 2 months ago when i first got my pc it was really ******* fast. And now it is slow. Please help me fix this

My specs
Gtx 1080
i7 8700
16 ram
SSD

Solution
bios time is the amount of time it takes BIOS to pass control to windows, and 7.8 seconds isn't that long, I seen people report 90000 seconds before. Mine is 9.7 seconds so yours isn't that slow.

Nothing you do in windows will speed that up besides checking you have latest sata drivers as they likely only thing in use at initial boot. Check you have latest bios

Steam can slow down startup as it instantly checks for games updates, I generally disable it from starting.

Colif

Win 11 Master
bios time is the amount of time it takes BIOS to pass control to windows, and 7.8 seconds isn't that long, I seen people report 90000 seconds before. Mine is 9.7 seconds so yours isn't that slow.

Nothing you do in windows will speed that up besides checking you have latest sata drivers as they likely only thing in use at initial boot. Check you have latest bios

Steam can slow down startup as it instantly checks for games updates, I generally disable it from starting.

Solution
"i have disabled some programs in task manager and msconfig currently i have 3 programs at startup which is Razer synapse,Razer game booster and steam and thats it. It has to be something else then having to much programs and services at startup".

Nothing you disable in Windows is going to improve the time it takes for the BIOS process to complete -- think about it.

TRENDING THREADS