Question 70 fps increase from a CPU upgrade?

DXVIDM

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Hey guys,
Ok so before I start I’m not the most knowledgeable so allow me to mess up if I’m wrong about stuff haha.

Ok so I currently have a RTX 2070 with an i7 7700k and I get an average FPS of 80-100 fps on Warzone. I’ve been looking at upgrading my CPU since I’ve been told it’s been bottlenecking my GPU on CPU intensive games like Warzone and Rust.
I’ve decided on 13600k and have been through the motherboard search etc so I’ve got all the right parts ordered.
But I was asking around about and people said I could use similar performing parts to find benchmarks online as there aren’t many with the 2070/13600k combo. So I found this video:
View: https://youtu.be/zZnr6RublxA

His average FPS is about 140 and from what I can tell, his parts are similar if not a little worse than mine (CPU). But that then leaves me thinking.. is it possible I’ll go from 80 to 140 fps with just a CPU upgrade?!
I had no clue a CPU could unlock an extra 50+ FPS? Have i thought about this wrong and got it wrong or is this certainly something that could happen?

just to be clear I’m pretty sure my current 7700k and 2070 is bottlenecked heavily by CPU if I’m not mistaken? But y’all are the experts, please shed some light.

Don’t want to get my hopes up thinking I’ll be gaining over 50 fps if it’s not true haha

Hey guys,
Ok so before I start I’m not the most knowledgeable so allow me to mess up if I’m wrong about stuff haha.

Ok so I currently have a RTX 2070 with an i7 7700k and I get an average FPS of 80-100 fps on Warzone. I’ve been looking at upgrading my CPU since I’ve been told it’s been bottlenecking my GPU on CPU intensive games like Warzone and Rust.
I’ve decided on 13600k and have been through the motherboard search etc so I’ve got all the right parts ordered.
But I was asking around about and people said I could use similar performing parts to find benchmarks online as there aren’t many with the 2070/13600k combo. So I found this video:
View: https://youtu.be/zZnr6RublxA

His average FPS is about 140 and from what I can tell, his parts are similar if not a little worse than mine (CPU). But that then leaves me thinking.. is it possible I’ll go from 80 to 140 fps with just a CPU upgrade?!
I had no clue a CPU could unlock an extra 50+ FPS? Have i thought about this wrong and got it wrong or is this certainly something that could happen?

just to be clear I’m pretty sure my current 7700k and 2070 is bottlenecked heavily by CPU if I’m not mistaken? But y’all are the experts, please shed some light.

Don’t want to get my hopes up thinking I’ll be gaining over 50 fps if it’s not true haha
Yes, warzone does like to eat cpu cores. Im on an i3 10105F and cant even get past 120fps with the lowest settings but constant fps with my 3060Ti.

Since you're jumping to new architecture i would recommend to clean install your windows for best optimizations.

also for the game, for stutter fix,Go to C:\Documents\Call of Duty\players and open options.3.cod22.cst with notepad, find RenderWorkCount and set it to your CPU core count or (example, 6 cores, then set the value to 5 or 6), then on the game, turn off texture streaming + enable spot cache on high/ultra.

Reactions: DXVIDM

DXVIDM

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Yes, warzone does like to eat cpu cores. Im on an i3 10105F and cant even get past 120fps with the lowest settings but constant fps with my 3060Ti.

Since you're jumping to new architecture i would recommend to clean install your windows for best optimizations.

also for the game, for stutter fix,Go to C:\Documents\Call of Duty\players and open options.3.cod22.cst with notepad, find RenderWorkCount and set it to your CPU core count or (example, 6 cores, then set the value to 5 or 6), then on the game, turn off texture streaming + enable spot cache on high/ultra.
Oh damn! I wasn’t expecting a yes, I was always under the impression a CPU would help a little maybe 10-20 fps max but after researching and your confirmation it seems it’s not too crazy to jump up that much!
Oh and for sure, I’ve got the fresh windows on a USB ready to install when the parts arrive tomorrow! And I’ll definitely do those tricks! Hopefully warzone will eventually become more optimised too.

Oh damn! I wasn’t expecting a yes, I was always under the impression a CPU would help a little maybe 10-20 fps max but after researching and your confirmation it seems it’s not too crazy to jump up that much!
Oh and for sure, I’ve got the fresh windows on a USB ready to install when the parts arrive tomorrow! And I’ll definitely do those tricks! Hopefully warzone will eventually become more optimised too.
hope your upgrade would please you not only in games but also everywhere else :>
cpu upgrade from 7700K to 13600KF is a huge difference, since 13600KF is a different arch, not the refreshed arch of skylake (gen 6 - 10 have the same exact core arch), and the performance gap between i3 10105F to i3 12100F is pretty much big for 4c 8t level, unlike i7 7700 to i3 10105 which performs exactly the same (or more less the same).

Oh also dont forget after you did boot to windows for the first time, before reinstalling, update your motherboard bios to the latest and, all good to clean reinstall.

as for the warzone game trick this is an old issue where the game intends to not give full use of the cores, so it always left at 2 cores left unused out of available cores (example u got 6 cores, game will only use 4 cores) and it's kinda okay cause no one like 100% cpu right, and this is the problem that i've ecountered lol, i set it at 4 (since 10105F is 4c 8t) and it easily max the cpu (but didnt lag the system, it only fully utilize the cores for the game) and fps gain is real, also the spot cache i set it to ultra. this game is kinda hmm, confusing XD

TRENDING THREADS