[SOLVED] 70% rubbing alcohol to clean motherboard

Solution
Isopropyl alcohol is preferred but ethyl alcohol serves as well. The denatonium benzoate is a de-naturant, which deters someone consuming it. It's unclear whether it could be bad for electronics but it's only needed in incredibly tiny concentrations to give it an extremely bitter taste to deter consumption. I suppose it should be OK, but again...isopropyl alcohol is preferred.

What did you spill on it though? alcohols (in high concentrations) are terrible at dissolving sugars so if a soda it may not work well. A better choice might be distilled water, followed up with the alcohol to remove traces. The alcohol combines readily with water and evaporates quickly, carrying the water away with it.
Isopropyl alcohol is preferred but ethyl alcohol serves as well. The denatonium benzoate is a de-naturant, which deters someone consuming it. It's unclear whether it could be bad for electronics but it's only needed in incredibly tiny concentrations to give it an extremely bitter taste to deter consumption. I suppose it should be OK, but again...isopropyl alcohol is preferred.

What did you spill on it though? alcohols (in high concentrations) are terrible at dissolving sugars so if a soda it may not work well. A better choice might be distilled water, followed up with the alcohol to remove traces. The alcohol combines readily with water and evaporates quickly, carrying the water away with it.

Solution
May 16, 2021

i dropped yogurt on the floor and little droplets landed on my mobo