700-800 multi-purpose build. Please Review/Suggest/Advice

Klimentiy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys, originally i was planning on making a 500dolalr build but after spending about 24 hours on newegg..... and some research i have decided to stretch my budget to 700-800 range. I want a build that will allow me to play games like SC2 and hopefully Diablo3 (whenever it comes out if ever...) and browse the web quickly all at an affordable price. I already have keyboard/mouse/speakers... but i need a new MONITOR.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week

BUDGET RANGE: 800usd, Before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: surfing the internet, gaming, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA, cali

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference

OVERCLOCKING: Yes (if i can figure it out)

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe ( i would love to do the most with this built possible)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: my current resolution is1280x1024, with new monitor i am planning to run 1900x

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want to be able to maximize the performance. I am choosing an easy PCU and mobo to do so on (hopefully, i am a complete noob). I plan on having this build for 3-4 years.

Please be kind and take a look at what i have compiled. I tried to get the most out of the combo deals and save as much as possible while getting most bang for the buck. I would love to lower the total cost of the build down to 700ish, but i do not see what i can compromise on? Please make sure everything listed is compatible and easy to work on. This is my first build and i will be following guides on this forum. Thank you.

I am getting this hard drive from a separate website for $50: Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB Hard Drive

This build comes out to $836 with tax after rebate.

29vfqtz.jpg

Thank you in advance. I have spend a lot of time putting this together, please make sure everything is compatible and any Suggestions or Advices are welcomed. If possible, i would like to lower the total price without compromising much. Saving as much as even 20-30 dollars would be great.

Klimentiy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

I sure like that monitor, but do i really need that much of an expensive video card? Also, how much performance would i be losing out on getting that PCU and mobo? How hard is it to overclock? I chose that mobo because of all the features it has (which i am not sure how to use as of yet though). Thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

here what it has:

Core Unlocker - Intelligently Unlocks True Core Performance

TurboV - Feel the adrenaline rush of real-time O.C.!

GPU NOS - Instant iGPU Level Up!

Auto Tuning - Auto System Level Up!

MemOK! - Any Memory is A-OK!

Turbo Key - Touch-N-Boost! No more lag!

I have no use for 1tb. i will probable have no use for even 500Gb. That is extra $10 if i am correct. It lists for $60 on newegg.

Thank you for your input. Do you think i can lower the cost of anything without compromising much?

Klimentiy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010

I am a sad noob. I do not know anything about BIOS OCing... How hard would it be?

I want this build to last me 3-4 years and still be semi-fast. This new game Metro 2033 i was looking at in the req's it said 3.0GHz quad-core PCU.

LOL, it's as hard as you want it to be? I am guessing that would be beyong my current knowledge and capabilites.

So that mobo overclocks PCU automatically? i do not even have to do a thing? Is there a need to get the Black Edition PCU then? Sorry for all the questions. I am trying to learn as much as i can. Have to start out somewhere...

Klimentiy

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
How about downgrading PCU and mobo combo to:

# ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
# 470556AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.470556

instead of:

# ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
# 470551AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

That would save me $58

But 125W vs 95W.... would the mobo maximize potential of Anthlon II X4 635 or am i better of going with Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition?