$700 Computer Build Challenge

fisharefishy99

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible

Budget Range: $700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming! Specifically Real time strategy games and of course Battlefield 3

Parts Not Required: Anything outside of the computer case.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or Amazon.

Parts Preferences: Prefer Intel but I am open to reason.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Not sure, my monitor is a 1080P 24 inch Acer.

Hello, I am trying to get together a parts list for my new budget gaming computer. However I am having difficulty sorting everything out. Basically I want to play Battlefield 3 at a respectable framerate on high settings and be able to play large scale strategy games. For instance when Command and Conquer Generals 2 comes out I would like to be able to play it :)

Anyways that is my dilemma. I do have a twist though, I only have two CPUs to choose from and the prices are solid. The I5-2500k for $100 and the I7-2600k for $150. So you can pick either of those to throw into the build.

Lastly I do have a build in mind but not sure if this is a good build or not.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/46-pcbuildupg/709-i5-2500-hardcore-gaming-rig-jan

Cold_War

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I would go for that build but with a couple of changes. I would go for some cheaper and better G.Skill 8GB Ripjaws 1600MHz memory and a Coolermaster HAF 912, it is better than the Zalman Z9 Plus, and is cheaper ($15 w/MIR). I would also change that Hitachi 3GB/s HDD for a Seagate Barracuda 6GB/s HDD. It is the same price. You can change that CPU now to the new Ivy Bridge i5-3550, it is $10 more but is better.

fisharefishy99

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Better ram, better case, and a better hard drive for about the same price, sounds good to me! I will see if I can get the Ivy Bridge CPU but I think I can only get the I5-2500k and I7-2600k for around $100.