74GB 10K RAPTOR VS. SATA 150 RAID 0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
Don't cry Ches, it's okay.

~~Mad Mod Mike, fixin' the world 1 rig at a time

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
For a while there you did'nt either :)

You are right though.... I am jealous of you....

I'm sure everyone here at THG is... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not entirely true. Load FEAR on an old 10 GD HD, add that 2 GB RAM, let's see how it plays.
I see you like stacking the odds but with that kind of test the memory would need to be at the extreme minimum with a raptor drive so less put the min amount of memory for fear on your test system. I would say with that change your system would suck more than the one you suggested for me. With a 40Giga WD drive and the 4 GB, 2Giga SSD, memory would beat a raptor with only 2 Giga.

Problem is FEAR doesn't use over 2GB. The reason why you put 2GB for games like FEAR is because it uses over 1GB and dual-channel wise 2x1GB is the optimum option.
Even 1.5GB will do.
So make the software Solid State drive 3Giga and load as much of fear as will fit and it'll make a fast drive near worthless. wusy, you may need to read my previous posts or you need a understand how SSD will make use of the remainder for the memory.

TRENDING THREADS