75 Degrees is okay?

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017
I just built a gaming PC, like 2 hours ago.
I am using an i7-7700k + Corsair h100i v2 as cooler, and I am getting 75 degrees Celsius for idle. Is this normal? and if so, what is the temperature that I am supposed to look for if I try to overclock the CPU from the stock 4.2GHz to 5.0Ghz?
Thanks

Edit -- Here is a photo of what I am seeing on my corsair Link software

http://i.imgur.com/KwD3exz.png

I am using an S340 Elite case, with the radiator being the only source of air coming in, and one 120 fan and one 140 fan both set on exhaust.

Solution
Well it looks like your system update fixed the problem.

Your computer is good now. ~30c is a good idle temp.

"Idle" doesn't actually mean 0%. What it means is little utilization. ~1-10%.
The only time 0% will happen is when the system isn't turned on.

Your next step is to step up overclocking and testing it. Look here on Tom's hardware there's plenty of posts for overclocking how-to's.

Glad you computer is working. Enjoy!

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
75c is not ok. Do not put a load on this processor or even attempt to overclock it until you rectify this problem.

Did you remove the plastic insert from the end of the pump before installing?

Did you plug all connectors in according to the manual?

Have you used corsair link to verify that all the components are actually working? (The pump and fans)

If you did all of the above, you need to reinstall the cooler. This will require separate thermal paste. You need to ensure you tighten in a X pattern (lower left upper right lower right upper left.

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

I removed the clear plastic piece that was covering the entire cooler head, i dont know if thats the part that you are talking about?
I did not check corsair link yet.

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

I removed the huge clear plastic piece that was covering the head.
and what do you mean by plugin in the pump? since it was already connected with the radiator from the box.

all i did was connect it to fans, connect the fans to its adapter, and making sure I used an X pattern while tighting it.

The Fans are working properly, and It is a brandnew cooler so I am not sure whether the paste might be defective or not.,

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

Here is a photo of the stats of the pump
http://i.imgur.com/5WktFNB.png.
No idea if its normal or not

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

It is supposed to be on idle, because I was only running the Corsair Link when I took that photo, no games or any other program other than chrome was on.
I installed CPUID HWMonitor, and here is the photo from that. Do you recommend any other app?

http://i.imgur.com/x9td5D0.png Photo of the app i installed

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
That app is fine.
When you installed the pump, was there a circular or square shaped grey area (the thermal paste if you already know what I mean) on the end of the pump?

I hate to be an ass, but the screenshot there also shows 100%

I know doing a screenshot wont place it at 100% during the shot. Can you take one of it not at 100% load so we can see corresponding temp with little to no load?

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

Windows 10 had to do an update, so I completely restarted the PC.
Now these are the current stats.

http://i.imgur.com/fFYEjQC.png

They do show the cpu to be at about 30. So this is idle, im pretty sure lol.
I restarted the PC before to check if it was stuck or something and it was still on 75, but this time it went down to 30.

Is this a good temp for idle? and the usage of cores?

edit : Also yes, there was the grey circular paste at the end when i installed it

The_Staplergun

Estimable
Jan 30, 2017
Well it looks like your system update fixed the problem.

Your computer is good now. ~30c is a good idle temp.

"Idle" doesn't actually mean 0%. What it means is little utilization. ~1-10%.
The only time 0% will happen is when the system isn't turned on.

Your next step is to step up overclocking and testing it. Look here on Tom's hardware there's plenty of posts for overclocking how-to's.

Glad you computer is working. Enjoy!

Solution

cheetaz

Prominent
Feb 19, 2017

Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! :D