[SOLVED] 75 hz monitor feels like 60 hz randomly during fortnite

shubh123

Prominent
Dec 12, 2020
everytime I play fortnite out of no where it feels like i'm playing on 60 to 30 fps but my fps is stable 76. It happens for a few seconds then goes back to normal. I have a acer 75 hz monitor 1ms vrb gaming. I have also noticed a little problem whenever I'm running a recording software in the background it feels smooth but when I'm not it feels choppy my whole game is choppy.

Solution
Well its is "usual" to get choppy gameplay while vsync is off, but regarding the recording sofware being a methaphorical vsync substitute, i have no ideas why it does that while recording. I would suggest enabling the vsync setting, your pc will lock games 75Hz max, and you should get rid of that stuttering

mxnty

Prominent
Mar 4, 2021
May be your GPU, need specs, I have a 1070 and a 60 Hz monitor, I don’t get FPS drops but in your case, it’s possible you have some sort of v-sync if I’m not mistaken.

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Well its is "usual" to get choppy gameplay while vsync is off, but regarding the recording sofware being a methaphorical vsync substitute, i have no ideas why it does that while recording. I would suggest enabling the vsync setting, your pc will lock games 75Hz max, and you should get rid of that stuttering

Last edited:
Solution