Question 75 Second BIOS Time after installing 2080Ti

Jul 31, 2019
Wondering if anyone can provide some advice on a slow BIOS start-up time of 75s.

Worked fine until I upgraded from a GTX1080 to a RTX2080Ti.

• Starts up, hangs on ASUS UEFI Bios screen for about a minute (this was previously 10 seconds).
  • Then it reverts to my SSD Boot Drive and we're up and running in no time.

Looking for any tips on making the BIOS reduce back to a normal 10 second timeframe!

I can still access BIOS and make changes, albeit it taking a really long time to get into it.
Essentially everything is working, but it's feeling a bit dodgy.

So far I have -
-Updated Windows 10.
  • Updated GPU Drivers.
  • Checked MOBO is at latest firmware.

Specs:

Windows 10 1803 V-17134.915

Core:
Z-87 Pro ASUS Motherboard.
i7 4770K @ 4.2Ghz.

Mem:
32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Ram.
2x 500GB SSD's.
2x 2TB SATA's.

GPU:
Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX2080Ti.
750W Thermaltake Toughpower Gold.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
PT

Jul 31, 2019
Have you checked the Boot Configuration options in your BIOS? Is Fast Boot enabled?

Fast boot was on when the card was installed, I turned it off to see if I would get any difference but.. nope!

Though, I did notice another option for "Fast Boot Hardware" in the ASUS BIOS - would you recommend turning this on aswell?

Cheers

Jul 31, 2019
I have never heard of HW FAST BOOT before but it's worth trying to see if it helps, you can always turn it back off. My guess is it prevents to BIOS from searching for any DVD disks and USB keys before going to your boot drive.
No difference!
Will clean-install graphics drivers now and see how I go.
Cheers

Jul 31, 2019
System Stability is down.
Sometimes the computer doesn't boot properly.
Sometimes it does. I have even seen it boot quickly once (10s startup as opposed to over a minute), so results are sporadic and rather unstable.

2080Ti + ASUS Z87 Pro on latest BIOS = somewhat troublesome.
Not sure there is much I can do but to cop the occasional failed boot and slow loads - once it is past boot/BIOS it is fine.

Fair warning to those upgrading to the 2080Ti on the older Z87 Pro/4770K!
Might have to go get me one of those Ryzen's and do a pretty little rebuild.