$750 Beginner Build AMD vs. Intel

parnold98

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I would like to buy and build a Gaming PC for the first time. I would like to keep a
it at most the same price as the Intel build or less. I will be paying in euros and before VAT it's around €560. One thing you might see in the two builds below is that one has higher clocked ram. Is that beneficial? One thing i noted about the motherboards is that the AMD socket motherboard has PCIE 2.0 compared to the Intel's 3.0. Is there much difference. All help will be appreciated. Thanks. (also any opinions on the graphics cards would be cool. Nvidia cards seem nicer although they're more expensive. How would a 280x compare to a 760 or is the 280x much better? thanks)

AMD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tgc223

Intel: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9RXx23

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
The 280x beats the 760 in Gaming performance, but the price on it is greatly floated up and the 760 is not as good but is around the same price anyway.

Also the higherclocked ram makes no difference, save some money and buy the lower ones.

Now for cpu's. The intel ones are actually better but for the price compared to AMD is not worth it. The AMD cpu's are good if you just use it for gaming. Personally I always use intel cpu's but have used an AMD cpu before and had no problems.
It's all up to preference and budget. The intel ones are usually better at editing but AMD shines in multicore situations for the price.

summary:
Intel and AMD are about the same for gaming performance but amd is cheaper.
The 280x is better than the 760 but the prices are way up there.
Also buy the lower clocked ram as it makes no difference.

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished

True they are not about the same, but the gpu is more important in gaming.

I prefer Intel and said my opinions in a non biased way, sorry but it sounds if you are biased towards intel.

Agreed though intel usually does better but like said before, For the price AMD is a viable cpu for gaming.

It's your video card ...
It's your video card ...
It's your video card ...
(is there an echo in here?)

If you go with AMD spec a build with the FX-6300, and put the extra cash toward the Asus M5A97 (not LE) or your video card.

If you go with Intel, buy a 9-series motherboard.