[SOLVED] 750 w psu

Aug 4, 2021
Why if I choose a 750 w psu i am forced to ad an optical drive to the build from Dell. Can anyon explain to me why the highest psu offered must also be built with an optical drive? I do not see the connection. Other prebuilts do not require an optical drive when choosing the box's psu. I can not understand the connection. any explanation would be appreciated.

Solution
I don't see the PSU specs in that link I'm guessing one proprietary comes with the case with all the proprietary headers and pinouts and all.

Also this:
Cooling Option
Standard CPU air cooling
What "Standard CPU air cooling"? Do they mean Intel stock coolers? on an i7-12700? Really?

If your job involves any content creation or you plan to do any gaming (RTX 3060) the stock cooler would not be a proper cooling option for that CPU I think.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes, it's indeed very odd. The ODD(optical drive) doesn't hold any functional benefit to the XPS range especially in 2022, IMHO, at least. You should seriously consider another prebuilt or build your own since we're somewhat back to normalcy with the availability and pricing of parts. There's a video by Gamer's Nexus about a Dell prebuilt, which is a waste of resources both on the person spending on it and the brand for coming out with the build. The XPS you've parsed is no different.

Reactions: bluemvm

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't see the PSU specs in that link I'm guessing one proprietary comes with the case with all the proprietary headers and pinouts and all.

Also this:
Cooling Option
Standard CPU air cooling
What "Standard CPU air cooling"? Do they mean Intel stock coolers? on an i7-12700? Really?

If your job involves any content creation or you plan to do any gaming (RTX 3060) the stock cooler would not be a proper cooling option for that CPU I think.

Solution