75000 rs gaming rig

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 4, 2014
i need EVERYTHING except the os
(i will get an illegal one:) )
i also need a good gtx card OR r9series OR hd series gc
you may check flipkart for a brief idea of local prices
also 1$=60 rs
OC no way
harddisk 1 tb

i have one configuration but lets see what you guys can suggest
the other guy's taking a long time hence repost

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
There wont be any complications like that, getting BSODs would be an issue of part compatibility or over stressing parts however all the parts are compatible, once you have all the parts together and want to install the windows through a USB stick youll just have to press F8 OR F2 to load the USB stick drive (make sure its in FAT 32 format and ready for installation) the BIOS comes in the motherboard if you have internet at home, there might be some new updates for it other wise you are good to go.

If you need help installing the OS and such just ask.

Apr 4, 2014

what level of noise/sound can i expect
my old 9800 gt was virtually non existent(no sound whatsoever :D)
guess i will have to use my headphones this time :D

sorry this questions solution has been picked LOOONG back just answer if you have the time

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
You won't be able to hear anything at all literally. The only thing that would make noise or even have the chance to make noise would be the GPU but if you pick the sapphire instead of the msi it's even quieter than the previous. Intel CPU super quiet, corsair cx series ULTRA quiet psu, intake and exhaust fan = great airflow no need for fans to spin at high level. You won't be needing headphones at all, you would need them if you got the AMD CPU lol. My fx 6300 spins at 6k rpm and sounds like a jet engine.

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I very much wouldn't advise since I aldready built the PC regarding those factors aldready. For an expensive system like that I recommend you have very good airflow. The longevity of the hardware (parts) is determined by heat and expanding and contracting of metal. Since we live in India I wouldn't advise that that be done. The motherboard on the other hand was the cheapest with the best power phase design for non OC I could find for you. If you go cheaper on the mobo it wouldn't be too good on the system. However you could cut down on the HDD I put in a 2 TB SEAGATE in for you you could cut down to 1 TB and that would save you 2k Rs or even a 500 gb.

The r9 290 is a very good card. If you really really wanted you could go cheaper on the cabinet but dont go cheaper on the motherboard.

If you could try and scrape a little more money here and there.

Hang on let me search for a cheaper version of r9 290.

Hey man have a look at this if you can still squeeze it in your budget:

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Asus+Radeon+R9+290+4GB+DDR5+ATI+PCI+E+Graphics+Card+(R9290-4GD5)_C45P19676.html

Apr 4, 2014
actually have to cut the budget to 67000 rs
priority wise
1 can you cut the hdd to 1tb
2 cut the cabinet to an very average one (but compatible with average to less sound levels)
3 cut the monitor to any one with ok contrast ratio,pixels but at least 1080p resolution

i need to keep the gpu no matter what happens please any chance i can do this

4cloud

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Go for an Intel core i5 4430 or a 4440 that should bring the price down by about 1000 Rs cut the cabinet price by a little go for the antec x1 gaming cabinet it should be 1000 Rs less then go for the XFX version of the R9 280X it costs something like the GTX 760 which is 21.5 - 22k Rs which is around 3000 Rs less. You could cut the RAM to only a 1x4 gb (2.5k Rs less) instead of the 2x4 gb if you manage to scrap some more money up later, upgrade it. But for now it would be in total:

7500 RS less while still keeping the R9 280X with the same performance!