750Ti artifacting, or maybe not? Need help.

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
So this hasn't been a problem for me before so i'm not really all that familiar with it. Namely, my GPU was clearly artifacting with blue/yellow chunks in my system.

CPU: Xeon e5450
Motherboard: Asus P5K SE
Ram: 8GB DDR2 1033 mhz
SSD/HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm
GPU: MSI GeForce 750Ti 2GB
PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 350w 80+/ EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: Cooler master e500l

(Currently in the process of upgrading it bit by bit but not in a rush since it ran everything i needed it to with 60 fps+).
So anyway, everything was working fine, until all of a sudden it started artifacting, HARD, i checked the temps, everything was fine, it's not OC'd, so i swapped it out and put the GPU in a different rig, and all of a sudden it worked. So i'm wondering, since the only things i couldn't replace to test with that rig were the CPU and the Mobo (Tested the PSU, HDD and Ram, just in case), is it possible that they could be causing the artifacting? And if it is, how can i go about finding it out? I wanna see if i can test it without getting a new GPU because it's gonna take a while for me to get my hands on one, i wanna get as in depth as i possibly can. What are my options?

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Possible but then again, it could also be your GPU drivers acting up. You may want to try and make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard then try uninstalling and reinstalling the GPU drivers. How old is your PSU?

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
CPU: Xeon e5450
Motherboard: Asus P5K SE
Ram: 8GB DDR2 1033 mhz
SSD/HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm
GPU: MSI GeForce 750Ti 2GB
PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 350w 80+/ EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze
Chassis: Cooler master e500l

Not the GPU, tested everything. From the drivers, to the hardware, it's not the problem. BIOS is up to date too (As much as it can be). PSU: BeQuiet is a year old, EVGA 2 months. Most likely it's the Mobo since it's not really all that amazing and the CPU since, well, it is like 11 years old(Manufacturing wise, not use wise). I'm just not sure if the CPU can cause artifacting and thus i'm most likely guessing it's my mobo, but i won't be able to get my hands on another GPU to test it for a while so i just wanna know, what are my options to check if the mobo/CPU are faulty otherwise?

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

Already tried a dry clean, but now tried the proper way too, no change.

Soo far about testing your GPU in another system, which components did it had?

On your current motherboard, try to set PCIE speed to 100MHz or 101MHz and see if it fixes it, sometimes the clock can vary like 99/98/102 and etc.
The thing with PCIE speed increasing or decreasing it from 100MHz (Rare but happens) can cause issues.

Have you tried older drivers? Like if you had 392 for example, try 391.

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

I tried other drivers too, the basics were already done completely. However, when i put the gpu back in the actual rig, i wanted to see how it was and if it got worse before i messed around with the PCIe speed, but for 2 days now i cannot replicate the artifacting. It just, disappeared. The only thing i did from when i took out the GPU was leave the mobo and CPU alone for a couple days, once again dust off the PCIe slot with a dry cloth, and plug the GPU in another rig while i figured out what to do with the P5K SE one. The 2nd rig was using some AM1 Mobo with an Athlon 5350 APU. It was the only thing i had on hand. I am completely lost, i don't know what caused it, how to test and figure it out and when it will happen again. I should point out that when it happened, i was playing Shadow of war, so potentially that could've affected .... something.... somehow? I really don't know what to do.

ravenhaven03

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018

Made sure it did. I mean it is a pretty old update but it's the latest for the p5k SE mobo. I'm now trying to figure out what caused the issue in the first place. Given the fact that it randomly appeared outta nowhere i can bet my left nut it's gonna do the same in maybe a week, a month, i wanna know why, but i don't know how to force it to artifact and see what's the cause now.

Latest posts