[SOLVED] 750w is enough for the AMD 6800xt?

Jan 18, 2022
Hello people, I have a question, recently due to an emergency my PC had an accident and I had to compare new parts.
My question is if the power supply that I buy for these components is sufficient?

CPU: AMD 5700G

RAM: 16GB DDR4 CORSAIR LPX 3200Mhz

GPU: RX6800XT

3 SATA SSDs

6 Cooler fan 120mm (3 RGB and 3 without)

COOLER MASTER BRONZE 750W 80 PLUS

Your answers would be very useful to me.

Solution
HI Artorias88 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

That Cooler Master needs to go. Bronze is usually entry level or budget conscious.
Wattage wise your OK however I would get an 850W if you intend any expansion or Overclocking.
Get yourself a Gold certified efficient unit from a reputable manufacturer.
I recommend Seasonic Focus gold as one of the best.

That Cooler Master needs to go. Bronze is usually entry level or budget conscious.
Wattage wise your OK however I would get an 850W if you intend any expansion or Overclocking.

Reactions: Artorias88
Solution
Jan 18, 2022

Thanks!! I will try to find it full modular 80 plus gold
(y):)

A 1000W for your system is really overkill however if you want the best and can afford it then I would recommend:

Seasonic Prime Titanium TX-1000

• MICRO TOLERANCE LOAD REGULATION (under 0.5 %): This impressive electrical performance and stability makes this power supply an ideal choice for high-performance systems.
  • FULL MODULAR - Use only the cables you need to reduce clutter and improve airflow for a better ventilated system.
  • 80 PLUS TITANIUM - Less energy gets wasted during power conversion; Cut down your electricity usage and be Eco-Friendly.
  • PREMIUM HYBRID FAN CONTROL: Unsurpassed silent performance in Fanless Mode. The fan control button at the back of the power supply allows users to customize cooling needs by selecting between Seasonic S2FC (fan control without Fanless Mode) and S3FC (fan control including Fanless Mode).
  • 12 YEAR WORRY-FREE WARRANTY:

A platinum or titanium rated PSU would be an efficiency boost as far as power consumption is concerned but there will be a cost differential between which might not be meaningful enough to spend the extra. A high quality gold rated unit would be fine as well. There are a lot of good PSU choices out there as far as manufacturers go, Seasonic is but one of them. I would recommend no less than a 750w PSU, but you aren't going to be hurting yourself to go a bit above that (850w-1000w).

Take a peek at the following as it's about as in-depth as you're going to find:

Last edited:
How can it be the best when it has no HCS terminals, no 50 degree rating at 100% load, no MCU for the fancontrol, a mediocore fan and issues with high-end GPUs?
I have one and its perfect. My system includes a high end GPU for rendering 3D. and some AAA gaming. My interest is quality and efficiency and recommend only that which I have. Yes there are other comparable high tier units.
Many comments such as yours come from skewed reviews and vested interest.

So, lemme get this straight. You use anecdotal evidence to justify your claim of it being a great unit (which it may be) and slap on some confirmation bias before levying a blanket generalization?

Riiiiiiiiight.

If you want to be taken seriously, don't do that. It is in poor taste. You also provided nothing as far as citation to support your claim other than a snip from what I assume to be their products page.