[SOLVED] 75Hz monitor screen tearing below 75fps and no syncing technology working

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
I tried Vsync, freesync, scanline sync, capping fps, reinstalling the game, reinstalling GPU driver ( using DDU), disabling windows game mode and full-screen optimisation. but nothing is helping, tear remains.

my GPU is 1650 super and the monitor is LG22mk430h. I tried the above-mentioned sync technology individually and with enabling multiple at the same time, but not helping.

Scanline sync had better results in all of them but as GPU usage is always around 95ish and scanline sync need low to medium GPU usage so it isn't consistent.

I played BF1 story mode and only enabling Vsync worked there.

another thing, I played warzone 4 months earlier then it had no issue( then I used to play with vsync+freesync and it worked smoothly. I learned recently that vsync is bad for multiplayer) I took a break from gaming for the last 4 months, in this time I uninstalled warzone with battlenet and had to reinstall windows due to windows crash.

Solution
Vsync should work in all cases; make sure that it's enabled in game and not being overridden by the GPU driver somehow.

Freesync/Gsync should both work up to their maximum supported range on the display, though do note if you go outside that range you'll fall back to normal Vsync behavior (if enabled).

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Freesync is an AMD tech. It isn't designed to work properly with Nvidia graphics cards which use G sync. You will note that G sync monitors are super expensive. There is a listing of Freesync models that get the G sync compatible nod and work well with either.

I suggest lowering your monitor settings to 60hz and see if that offers a solution while using V sync. I looked at the manufacturers landing page on this and it's woefully light on actual performance figures. The only place I see it listed as 75hz is within the sales jargon, but not the actual spec sheet. Strange.

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
Freesync is an AMD tech. It isn't designed to work properly with Nvidia graphics cards that use G sync. You will note that G sync monitors are super expensive. There is a listing of Freesync models that get the G sync compatible nod and work well with either.

I suggest lowering your monitor settings to 60hz and see if that offers a solution while using V sync. I looked at the manufacturer landing page on this and it's woefully light on actual performance figures. The only place I see it listed as 75hz is within the sales jargon, but not the actual spec sheet. Strange.
well, in the fps counter of Nvidia, RTSS and in-game it shows 75fps, and in my country(Bangladesh) a 230USD monitor costs 400USD, that's why I have to be stuck with this monitor for a minimum of 2-3 more at least.

and I'm tried in 60fps with vsync, turning on Vsync is creating more tears. with freesync and capped fps@70-73fps, I'm getting the least tears. It still has some micro tears though.

Vsync should work in all cases; make sure that it's enabled in game and not being overridden by the GPU driver somehow.

Freesync/Gsync should both work up to their maximum supported range on the display, though do note if you go outside that range you'll fall back to normal Vsync behavior (if enabled).

Solution

laism

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
Vsync should work in all cases; make sure that it's enabled in-game and not being overridden by the GPU driver somehow.

Freesync/Gsync should both work up to their maximum supported range on the display, though do note if you go outside that range you'll fall back to normal Vsync behaviour (if enabled).
I tried Vsync with capped fps at 70-75 with freesync, Vsync works fine in Battlefield 1 but not working in Warzone(creating input lag but not removing tears), I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't solve anything, should I try uninstalling battle. net too?

I tried Vsync with capped fps at 70-75 with freesync, Vsync works fine in Battlefield 1 but not working in Warzone(creating input lag but not removing tears), I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't solve anything, should I try uninstalling battle. net too?

Fullscreen or Borderless Window? If it's the second it might be using whatever setting is set to default within the GPU driver.