75hz monitor steam black screen on menu

Steph6740

Prominent
May 16, 2017
I have a 75hz monitor when i play game on steam when i open the menu(any game) sometime the screen is black exemple if i click video setting it become black but if i go back its normal again it does it on all my game. if i set my monitor to 60hz i dont have any problem is there a way to fix this?

Could be your video suit hasnt identified your monitor. Make sure your monitor is correctly id'ed in which ever video contol panel you have. Nvidia or AMD's.

Next close steam completely. Start -> Search for "%appdata%" -> Leave roaming folder and navigate back one folder to "AppData" -> Go to Local -> Steam -> htmlcache -> Delete the contents of "htmlcache" but not the folder.

Basically close steam, remove contents of htmlcache folder, start steam. See if that helps.

If that doesnt you may want to try adding the resolution in start property's for your games.

Steph6740

Prominent
May 16, 2017

it didn't work out but thanks for the help

Steph6740

Prominent
May 16, 2017

All my drivers are up to date windows is up to date too. When i play overwatch or gear of war 4(not steam game) i don't have any problem its only on steam.

Open Steam and go to the "Library". Right-click the game and select "Properties" from the menu.
Try letting the games reconfig. Remove any launch options. Type -autoconfig in the launch options box.

If that doesnt help try safe mode. Remove any launch options currently shown. Type -safe in the launch options box.

Try forcing the directx version. Remove launch options. Type --dxlevel 90 in launch options.

Steph6740

Prominent
May 16, 2017

it didn't work out