7600GT and some control panel issues

Bluebard

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
OK. Whenever I boot into Windows, all the taskbar icons show up. Though the NVIDIA control panel appears and it always has a message saying "SLI Rendering has been disabled". It's really annoying to see this every time. I actually would like it to not load this control panel at all as I have no reason to be changing display settings on a daily basis.

I unchecked the "Show in taskbar" thing, and that makes it disappear and reappear. The only option is to exit the program manually. There's absolutely nothing in the settings to not have it load on startup. Anything I can do?

I looked in the services.msc and exiting the program gets rid of rundll32. msconfig has some stuff, but I didn't want to go disabling that.

Bluebard

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Well, I installed the driver and the problem is fixed, but now an even more annoying one has come up. Whenever I boot into Windows, the resolution just "decides" to auto change to 800x600 despite me wanting it at 1024x768. Should I uninstall the driver I just got or is there a workaround?

Nvidia Control Panel is also suddenly unusable.

==EDIT==

Ok. Never mind. I uninstalled all Nvidia stuff with the control panel and then reinstalled the driver. 2 reboots and I've now got everything in order IT SEEMS!