7600GT CO Power Confusion

frosty024

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I posted this in the motherboard forum as well because it kind of ties to both the motherboard and the video card...

I am running an eVGA 7600GT-CO and it does not have any power inputs on it. For the first 10 minutes or so, everything works great. Then, every 2-3 minutes or so, games freeze up for about 30 seconds, then return to normal (sometimes with bad distortion/colors). Now, I have a mystery Molex plug on my Asus P5N32SLI-Deluxe motherboard. It is literally right next to one of the PCIe16 slots. Also, I see no square 4pin plug on my motherboard. I looked in my motherboard's manual and it makes no mention of that Molex connector, nor is it labeled on the board itself. Should I be plugging a lead from the power supply in that Molex plug to power the video card? Could that be why I'm experiencing this?

frosty024

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
this card has no power supply. i found out that the EZ-Plug molex connector on the motherboard is for that kind of card. after plugging it in, things did improve, but it's still happening, just not as frequently. bad power supply? shouldn't 500w & 26a on the 12v rail be good enough for this rig?

TRENDING THREADS