7600k 1070ti Bottleneck?

Dec 30, 2018
I have a system with 16gb of ddr4 2666 memory, an i5 7600k clocked at 4.3 ghz and a zotac amp 1070 ti. On most games, my cpu usage is at 100% while gpu hovers around 75%. Would making the switch to Hex-core ryzen cpu be worth it? I can still sell my i5 fairly high.

Solution
Certainly help with some games. Though the i5-7600k at 4.3Ghz will have more IPC than your typical Ryzen core, so on games that don't require a lot of threads you would probably lose some performance.

In your situation you might hold out for Ryzen 2 or even see what Intel's market price ends up for these new graphicless i5/i7/i9. Basically trading one mid-range CPU for another isn't going to be that stark a contrast.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly help with some games. Though the i5-7600k at 4.3Ghz will have more IPC than your typical Ryzen core, so on games that don't require a lot of threads you would probably lose some performance.

In your situation you might hold out for Ryzen 2 or even see what Intel's market price ends up for these new graphicless i5/i7/i9. Basically trading one mid-range CPU for another isn't going to be that stark a contrast.

Solution