Question 7601 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2022
Years ago, I bought a desktop computer from Skytech Gaming and validated the Windows 7 when I set it up. Since then, Microsoft has invalidated all of those third party builder licenses and rolled out the inactivation to my computer, so I'm stuck with that black screen and the 7601 build error. After calling Microsoft, they referred me back to Skytech, and Skytech explained the circumstances of the licenses being inactivated and that they no longer had control of that. So, now after buying, validating, and using the Win 7 Pro software for years, Microsoft now wants to claim that somehow my software is now invalid, in spite of my purchase in good faith.

My question at this point is, given that they've now screwed those of us that have made legit purchases and activations, and they are no longer supporting the software in any way, why can't they let me fix that error? I hate being written off like some chump that has pirated software. Isn't there anyone who has figured out how to actually fix it?

Any help would be appreciated at this point, because MS has proven to be useless and flat out told me on the phone that they did in fact invalidate my license when they quit providing support for the OS.

Apr 3, 2022
What the circumstances that skytech explained to you?

Like I mentioned above:
Skytech explained the circumstances of the licenses being inactivated and that they no longer had control of that.

Meaning, that in spite of them having a record of my purchase through them, that it was MS that had invalidated the licenses on the software that had already been purchased and installed on their computers, and that they didn't have any control over whether MS invalidated their licenses, because once MS had discontinued support, they invalidated Skytech's third-party builder licenses. So, ultimately, I was left with zero recourse whatsoever.

So, if that's the case, and MS is not going to help me (or anyone else that had a previously legit license), then why won't they let us fix it? Or why can't someone tell us how to fix it if MS has written us off?

Apr 3, 2022
sound like they invalidated skytech because they are using them on more pc then they paid for

should have get your own license. but it is too late for that. can this pc run windows 10?
As a previously mentioned, I did validate the license myself, along with other details mentioned in my initial post. If I wanted to run Win 10, I would have done that already, but there's things I can do with my Win 7 Pro tower that can't be done with my other Win 10 Pro tower.

With all due respect, (please read my original post) none of that answers my question, so again I ask, doesn't anyone know what was changed within Win 7 that I can fix to make the black screen/7601 build error go away given that MS will no longer help in any way?

rgd1101

Don't
not unless you can get a new key.

validating the license doesn't mean anything. sound like is a volume OEM license for skytech. that how they check it back to your pc

so the pc not working at all? or just the black no background

can't found anywhere that MS invalidated all of those third party builder license

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.