770 SLI VS 780 Ti

Carson Walker

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
So, you may have noticed that I have been posting questions daily on this subject and it may be getting repetitive. Im very sorry for tht if it is bothersome, I am just trying to get my situation sorted out.

I am debating between these two set-ups. I know the 780 ti would be more future proof but I dont think I have the cash in the future to upgrade more. The 780 ti SLI would be overkill, the 780 ti alone might not be enough for 1440p gaming, so I was thinking the 770 sli would be the sweet spot in the middle. About the same price and benchmarks say it would be better. What do you think is a good choice?

Maxing out games at 1440p at 60+ fps

Solution
Yes. If and when SLI works out, it will far outperform a 780 Ti. There are always games that don't like or use SLI, but we'll be seeing a shift away from that. As games get more demanding they will be optimized to use multiple GPUs.

The GTX 770 uses up to 230W. Two would use 460W. I suggest a PSU of 750W or greater.

The GTX 780 Ti uses up to 250W. I suggest a PSU of 550W or greater.
Yes. If and when SLI works out, it will far outperform a 780 Ti. There are always games that don't like or use SLI, but we'll be seeing a shift away from that. As games get more demanding they will be optimized to use multiple GPUs.

The GTX 770 uses up to 230W. Two would use 460W. I suggest a PSU of 750W or greater.

The GTX 780 Ti uses up to 250W. I suggest a PSU of 550W or greater.

Solution