770 vs 1050

CanadaPlays

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
Hey. So, im going to be travelling quite alot this summer, and I decided to sell my tower and get myself a gaming laptop. The one I have my eyes on (Alienware 13) seems to fit my bill, everything is a little bit better then my current computer, except... well, I want to make sure it wont be a extremly noticeable downgrade from my 770 to the 1050 of the laptop.

Also, im not really picky. Like, if I can run CSGO, Overwatch, FO4 and TESVSE, I am perfectly okay with it. I also dont really mind being on high settings, I just want to be extra sure. You guys here at TH always seems keen to help me out when I ask silly questons C:

-Z

Lopperuk

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
Shouldn't be that much of a downgrade really, 1050 should be able to run CSGO, OW and TESV with no problems, definitely might have to turn down the graphics a good bit on FO4 though. Even my old 960 had a hard time running it on medium-high settings.

CanadaPlays

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016

Alright, thanks. I'm no tech guru but I can read numbers, but in all honesty, the games I listed (excluding CSGO) are the only resource-demanding games I play. Thanks for the help! C: