7700K / 1060 6gb OC question(s)

TreeEskimo

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2013
Hi!

Right, so straight to the point. I'm sitting here with a i7-7700K and a somewhat shitty cooler. A Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim that probably does it's job for any other CPU but this one, as we all know it runs insanely hot without delidding.

No matter what I do, even just at full stock I reach 75~ degrees in stress tests. If I just enable XMP, I start seeing numbers in the 85-90 range after a few minutes, if not sooner. The question I have in regard to my CPU is this:

Do I need to delid and if so, what do you recommend a total newbie to do?
If not, which cooler do you suggest me to buy that can cool the 7700K?

The other question I have in regard to my GPU is that I simply cannot get any stable overclock above 150 to core and 300mhz to memory, when I see a lot of other people reaching 500 and even 600 to memory clock. The card I have is the Asus 1060 6gb Expedition card, which comes overclocked by default, but I've seen a few others with factory overclocked cards that even still can get those 4-500 numbers. What I do is simply maxing out power limit and temperature in Afterburner, and slowly adjusting the core clock first till I get unstable, which I roughly found to be at 150. Then I did the same for memory, which only got me stable at +300mhz.

So my question is:
Am I doing something wrong or is it just because of the card itself?

Thank you in advance!

TRENDING THREADS