7700k + 1080 or 8700k + 1070

Aug 16, 2018
If I am looking to play mostly Fortnite, PUBG, and CSGO at all lowest settings then which setup will give me highest "low fps" percentages. Im on a 6600k with a 1080 and in fortnite I will drop down to 100 fps in situations. I am not looking to play single player titles at all.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Why are you running lowest settings? Obviously 8700k would be best as you're configuring graphics settings more toward cpu performance. Which case gpu is mostly irrelevant. Difference between 6600k to 8700k terms of just cpu will only net you 10 or so fps more. Unless the game can make use of Hyperthreads you may see an improvement in overall cpu usage and allow more leeway for higher fps.

Should really find a balance between cpu and gpu so they're equally working together. More fps does demand more cpu so getting the right balance would want to increase graphic settings. An i7 would help if you're still seeing too high cpu usage limiting your fps output.

Watch this video explaining the cpu usage difference in refresh rates with an 8600k in BF1
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3EJzHuXok"][/video]