7700K not reaching full turbo

Nov 30, 2018
Hello there!
So I have this motherboard AsRock Fatality H270M whick works perfectly. Now I have a 7700K whick I bought, because the 7500 was not raching full speed. I do not know what is happening, but the 7700K only gets a score of about 900 or lower on cinebench. I am aware that I cannot overclock, but at least 990 on cinebench should be doable...?

- Colling is ok, thermal throttling off.
- It does not matter if it is mac or windows.
- BIOS is set to max turbo

Thank you as I am quite desperate.

Mihael

Also Nvme SSD, 8GB ram 2400MHZ

Solution

Current limit means that the CPU is being limited from drawing more power and that will cause Turbo clocks to drop. Since this is an H270 board you may or may not be able to increase the CPU current limit in the BIOS. Even if you can it might not be a good idea, current limits are often set based on the board's power delivery system, and increasing it, especially on a lower end board with weak VRMs could cause problems.

Current limit means that the CPU is being limited from drawing more power and that will cause Turbo clocks to drop. Since this is an H270 board you may or may not be able to increase the CPU current limit in the BIOS. Even if you can it might not be a good idea, current limits are often set based on the board's power delivery system, and increasing it, especially on a lower end board with weak VRMs could cause problems.

Solution