Question 773VG Motherboard compatability with 1050 ti gtx

May 11, 2019
Hello , I have a Dell optiplex 7010, probably small form factor , and i wanted to upgrade its 610 gt to a gaming card 1050 ti

the question is can the 773VG motherboard handle normal 1 fan card or should i get the low profile one?

and is the low profile noticeabley performs weaker than a normal gpu or is the difference small?

7010.jpg

That MOBO is having one PCI Express x16, slot, so I think either a Single fan GPU, or even any low profile models are going to work without any serious issues, imo. I think the performance difference between a regular and a low-profile GPU might be negligible.

If you have a small form factor system, then grab one of the low profile models, assuming there isn't much room left inside the ATX cabinet.

Before you put any GPU in it, you have to know if the PCI slot can support it.
Standards say 75W but a lot of these custom boards support only half that.
Check next to the slot and see if it has any indication that its not a fully supported 75w slot.
I doubt your board does as it can take 2 cards, but please check!

Low profiles are not slower, it's the same, just maybe noisier from the fan

Like this -
297d230456572b5ad4954c5793ece7d6.jpg

May 11, 2019
Thanks For your information

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but in the picture of my motherboard where exactly is the gpu placed ?

My current gt 610 is placed in the blue , does the 1050 gets plugged in the same spot?