78% RAM usage just with Chrome open?

Crypticshadow

Prominent
May 15, 2017
This keeps happening and I'm so fed up with it. I keep having to restart my computer because my RAM usage gets so high for seemingly no reason, as of now my RAM usage is sitting at 78%.
bdw4l3.png

Solution
No malware, the programs don't add up to the memory in use, there are no other users or sessions running, resource meter shows nothing using that much RAM either and you have no Virtual machines.

Given the above, I am out of things to look for.

Crypticshadow

Prominent
May 15, 2017

I have 16gb, I'm not sure how a couple of mb can add up to 16 gbs

my memory now has climbed up to 93%

Crypticshadow

Prominent
May 15, 2017
Your answer implies that a typical computer doesn't have as much programs opened up as I do, but I haven't opened anything up.... I thought i just had necessary background applications open

Mark RM

Admirable
well you have a fair amount of things lauched at startup, discord , steam, etc... If it was a 4 gig system, that would be pretty normal useage. I asked what you expected because you didn't report how much RAM you had.

Crypticshadow

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Yeah i understand, but whats curious about this is that it accumulates more memory overtime, and only resets when i restart the computer.

Crypticshadow

Prominent
May 15, 2017

What am I losing if I do this?
I don't think my problem is normal anyway, so shouldn't there be a way to solve this without bringing in a software?

Mark RM

Admirable
No malware, the programs don't add up to the memory in use, there are no other users or sessions running, resource meter shows nothing using that much RAM either and you have no Virtual machines.

Given the above, I am out of things to look for.

Solution