ASUS Maximus VI Formula
Nvidia GTX 780 Ti
Courair AX860i
Corsair CMY8GX3M2B2133C9R Vengeance Pro 16 GB
Samsung Pro 120GB SSD
Samsung Evo 500GB SSD
Seagate 1TB Hybrid Internal Solid State Drive
I have water cooled my PC with XSPC products

Ok hi i have resonantly just built a new PC and I am having some problems, At first the GPU worked fin i know because i had tested it before I fitted the water block. Now when I turned it on for the first time it seamed to work just fine I had just installed all of the up to date drivers that I had got from the manufacturers website. the last set of drivers I had to install was the Nvidia ones ,so I installed them and everything was ok until i tried to play a game as soon as the cinematic or actual game play was to start the computer would shut down and re-start and when it did it would show this error;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8011AE54E0
BCP2: FFFFF88006383694
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\030314-21621-01.dmp
C:\Users\foxy0614\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29234-0.sysdata.xml

So ...BlueScreen! from this point I tried absolutely everything to fix the problem fresh install of drivers, fresh install of windows 7, installed blue screen view to see the error...but ye i would be here for ever telling you the things i tried to do to fix the problem. So by the end of it all i found out that it was the water block that was to blame because I tried old GPU in the new PC and it worked fine so it was not the MOB. I ended up re fitting the stock back on to the GTX to test it by its self and i couldn't believe it it actually worked fine, I also gave it to a friend to test it in his PC and it worked fine too!! so just to make sure I re installed the water block and tried it and yep did not work still it was still blue screening!!

So now im puzzled as what to do if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!
just so you know its a XSPC GTX 780 Ti water block And i did all of the fitting by the book.

Thanks again

foxy0614

(((FIXED)))

(((it was the little plastic washers that was cutting some signals on the GPU board, I was so pissed haha all them issues was down to that! Anyway thanks for your reply.)))

ethan17458

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Did you leak test your system? My philosophy is to put paper towels below all the fittings and just keep the loop running for 24-48 hours. If you're sure that the waterblock is the defective factor, then I would make sure there is no damage to the card. If there was a leak, it could have been shorting out the card.

foxy0614

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

Ye I did all had it running for 24h and there were no leaks at all. The reason I know is because I put paper towels all underneath the fittings.
The thing is the card works fine without the water block and I can't understand why the block should make that much of a difference.

d3vour3r

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Hi there,

I too just go this waterblock for my evga superclocked 780 ti's. Thing is the block doesn't actually fit properly. the cut on in the acrylic doesnt allow for the offset capacitors on a 780 ti near the power connectors. see my thread on OC.net for details.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1481825/issues-mounting-xspc-waterblock-to-780-ti/0_30

I have dremeled the acrylic, and I will be test fitting the block tonight after work. I will keep that thread updated.

It may be that the waterblock are putting pressure on the card and causing it to fail, but when you take of the block the gpu works fine. this is good news because your card is not damaged. if you have a dremel use the stock heat shield to mark out where to make a cute on the acrylic.

foxy0614

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hi all,

I forgot all about this I managed to fix the problem it was the little plastic washers that was cutting some signals on the GPU board, I was so pissed haha all them issues was down to that! Anyway thanks for your reply.