Question 7800x3d and gigabyte b650m no post....HELP

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
I have the 7800x3d and b650m around elite ax rev 1.1. this should be compatible out the box correct? I have a red light on the cpu text that stays solid, no bios. Any ideas?

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
In theory, yes, the Gigabyte B650M 1.x only comes with one BIOS (version F2) and this supports the Ryzen 7000X3D.

A few simple questions.

Do you have an EPS cable from the PSU connected to the 8-pin ATX_12V connector on the mobo.

Do you have a high quality Tier A to Tier C power supply or some unbranded cheap horror.

Is there any possibility you might have bent a pin in the CPU socket when fitting the CPU.

Do you have a lead from the CPU fan connected to the CPU_ FAN header.

Is the RAM fully inserted into the DIMM sockets.

If only two DIMMs are installed, are they fitted in slots DDR5_A2 and DDR5_B2 as recommended.

Is the RAM included in the mobo QVL? If not, this usually isn't a problem.

Do you have a GPU card plugged into the primary PCIe x16 slot.

Are you using an HDMI monitor. If so, try using a different port on the GPU card (not HDMI). I've had some systems where the BIOS splash screen is not displayed on an HDMI monitor, but Windows startup appears nomally a few seconds later. This only affected HDMI.

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
So I was able to get into BIOS with only 1 stick of RAM, each stick will boot on its own and in either A2 or B2 slots but not when both are in. Plan of attack was I'm going to install windows, update BIOS and retry? Everything else seems plugged in just fine

Maybe? I got a solid blue screen past BIOS then it shut down. I think I need to make a new windows media boot drive but their online installer was being a pain last night so I need to do that tonight yet
So what I would do os yes make a new boot installer and before running it in the new pc clear the new pcs bios/cmos. Unplug the pc from the psu, then remove the lithium battery from the mobo with both unplugged hold the power button the the case for 30s x2's then reseat the battery followed by the psu cable then try to boot new media install usb

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
So what I would do os yes make a new boot installer and before running it in the new pc clear the new pcs bios/cmos. Unplug the pc from the psu, then remove the lithium battery from the mobo with both unplugged hold the power button the the case for 30s x2's then reseat the battery followed by the psu cable then try to boot new media install usb
Was able to get a fresh windows install, graphics driver on 1 stick of RAM. Still won't boot with 2. Going to clear the BIOS and update it tonight hopefully

wolter.jeremy

Honorable
Nov 20, 2017
Fresh windows, updated BIOS, CMOS cleared, XMP enabled, no difference yet

TRENDING THREADS