780ti or wait for 800 series?

Collda

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
I was going to buy the the 780ti but then realised the maxwell could be released soon. Should i buy the 780 ti now or wait. And if i buy the 780ti i will defitinely buy another next spring.

Solution
Then a 780 Ti will be fine, it can handle 3 monitors with just one card, but since the 800 series are rumoured to be more powerful and efficient, you could wait a while longer, it's just a matter of personal preference, get the card now and play, or wait and maybe save a bit of money and get better performance
Then a 780 Ti will be fine, it can handle 3 monitors with just one card, but since the 800 series are rumoured to be more powerful and efficient, you could wait a while longer, it's just a matter of personal preference, get the card now and play, or wait and maybe save a bit of money and get better performance

Solution

Pr3di

Honorable
Well, I think you have the answer to your question.
It all depends on what you have (or not) already.
Do you already have a GPU(s) that you can use while you wait? Can you play games until Q4 of 2014 when they are rumored to come out?

If you can play games right now, even if at lower settings, just wait for it, as even if you`ll not get a new one for some reason, the prices for the current cards might drop.
If you have no card, and you`re dying to play games, get a 780TI, or R9 290x, depending on what side of the fence you are on regarding GPUs.

That kinda is of no relevance but anyways

Option 1 : Spend a tad bit more on a 780 Ti but you can game at ultra for 3-5 years even with 3 monitors at 1080p

Option 2 : wait a few months ( 2 - 3 ) and spend a bit less for better performance