Intel core i9 11900kf
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
ASRock Z590 OC formula
64GBs Patriot Memory 3600 C18 Series DDR4
EVGA 1300W G2 power supply
2X SPCC M.2 PCIe SSD 4TB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB ATA Device
NVMe Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 1 TB

At first I bought the 7900xtx and tried to install it and had a i7 10700k in my motherboard did some digging and found that it did not support PCIe Gen4. So I just upgraded my CPU to the i9 11900KF being that it did support the PCIe Gen4. Am having the same out come as before when I power on the PC the XFX on the 7900xtx lights up for just a second and the fans twitch and nothing happens have tried resting the card a few times tried every PCIe slot in the motherboard have tried all the power cables in different sequences. I have tried booting the pc with just the 7900xtx and then tried with the 6800xt the 6800xt works no matter what in every single slot the 7900xtx does not seem to do anything in any slot my Bios is up to date on the Bios firmware. I am at a lose at this point should just work but am out of things I can try anyone that can see something I don't please help.

So I was able to get my hands on a friends 7900xtx that we know works 100% and it does the same thing as the 7900xtx that I have. no change at all

So I replaced the 10 year old EVGA 1300w G2 power supply with a EVGA 1300w GT and there is no Change at all in my problem my card and my friends card still do not show up on my system both 7900xtx are good at work but will not detect on my system the 6800xt works great in ever PCIe 16x slot on the board but 7900xtx will not work in any of them. am using the brand new cables that came with the new power supply all the VGA power cables work have tried them all on the 6800xt. this is kind of insane have never in my life had a problem like this with a pc. Have built 20+ PCs for my self and friends.

Reactions: Order 66

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

ASRock Z590 OC formula
+
my Bios is up to date on the Bios firmware
BIOS version at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

I have tried booting the pc with just the 7900xtx and then tried with the 6800xt the 6800xt works no matter what
Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstalling with the latest drivers from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Nov 8, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

ASRock Z590 OC formula
+
my Bios is up to date on the Bios firmware
BIOS version at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

I have tried booting the pc with just the 7900xtx and then tried with the 6800xt the 6800xt works no matter what
Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstalling with the latest drivers from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
Tried this the cards will just no show up on a hardware level the 6800xt works just fine but the 7900xtx will have nothing to do with that motherboard I guess am just going to haft to send it back. I do not have the money to keep replacing parts in my system to try and get this Graphics card to work just bought new CPU and Power supply and the motherboard is only a few months old . at this point if anymore money would be going to upgrading the hole system to a new AMD platform with DDR5. video card is brand new and works in other systems. at this point the only thing that could be causing the problem is the ASRock Z590 Formula motherboard. and has not had a firmware update since 2021. was the first ASRock motherboard I have ever got and really like it but this kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. was the year of trying to support the Less Main Stream company's that most do not go with. I have always went with Asus or MSI, Nvidia, and Intel. I have till the 16th of this month to send the card back have not given up quite yet so if there is any other things anyone happens to think of would love to give them a shot.

TRENDING THREADS