Question 7970 on MSI 790FX-GD70

Oct 11, 2019
I have an older computer with a 790fx-gd70 MB and AMD 955 CPU, had a little R5 220 Radeon card in it to stream tv, Kodi and things like that. My nephew retired two Sapphire 7970 graphics card for newer cards. They were working fine when he took them out and gave to me. I put it in and it will not show anything (screen is black) not sure what to do. I have a Corsair 850 PSU by the way and plugged in the two power cables to the card. Any help will be appreciated, thought I might be able to do some gaming on the computer if I can get the card to display.

Oct 11, 2019
Ok so I did that. I went to control panel and programs and features and uninstalled the AMD software and drivers. After that I shut down the computer took out the R5 220 and installed the 7970 in the pcie slot. I restarted the computer and I get no signal on the monitor. Not sure what to do. I have two 7970 cards and know they both work I even changed the first one out to the other one to check got the same thing.

Oct 11, 2019
Does anyone have any ideas for help with this problem? I don't know what to do. According to MSI the motherboard should support the card. Could it be a problem in Windows or something I am doing wrong?

TRENDING THREADS