8.1 hangs on login, 4 error messages.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hi my windows 8.1 started hanging on login. After pressing space 3 times it will load to desktop and work as it should, but it takes a few mins.
I see some warnings in the event logger which may be related to the issue.

-Even 200 device setup manager: A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.

-Event 202 device setup manager: The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.

- Event 219 Kernel PnP: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{7adad2da-ce87-11e4-8255-806e6f6e6963}#0000000000100000.

-Event 219 Kernel Pnp: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic&Prod_STORAGE_DEVICE&Rev_9451#6&30184cc4&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

Seems like the SWD may be my WD green 2tb hdd? and the generic usb is the motherboards usb driver maybe?
I'm unsure about the network stuff, since as soon as it loads the internet works properly..

Looking for advices

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Sadly i don't have any USB devices which are plugged in the PC :/ actually nothing is plugged in except my keyboard and mouse.
I'Ve treid reinstalling MEI And chipset again, but didn't help. However i got some few other errors after reboot:

Event 12- appmodel runtime

An app prevented the load of a binary due to error 0xC0000034. This could be because the binary is unsigned, contains an untrusted signature, or has been corrupted or tampered with.

what hell is this , do u know maybe? :D

It doesn't necessarily have to be plugged in now. Did you use a USB stick or have a phone plugged in or something recently?

Have a look in your services (services.msc) and check the status of Windows Driver Foundation. Normally this is set to Manual(Triggered Start) and under Status it should say Started. If it's not, you could try to set it to Automatic and see if the errors stop.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Tried that already :( no difference it will still hang on login.

I'Ve replugged my sata devices into an other sata port on the motherboard and after current restart the kernel pnp errors stopped, however i have some others appearing and windows still hangs on login:

event 1023, perflib:
Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL rdyboost. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code.

may this be connected to the issue?

I'm rly starting to think that this may be a corruption due to some infection or something. A few days ago just before the issue started I had a trojan virus detected by ESET smart security and it set it into carantene. Is it possible that even ESET thought it " stopped" the trojan it made some corruption to the system and thats causing this freaking issue?

very thanks for your time btw.

Ready Boost is a feature of Windows that uses a USB stick to cache recently used data and programs so that they launch faster the next time you go to use them. Windows will ask you if you want to enable it when you plug a USB stick in the first time. Useless feature in my opinion. Were you asked this recently?

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Nope, i wasn't asked.... :D :/

By the way i ave a win10 upgrade reserved for 29th. Do you think if i upgrade my current system it may work fine, or i should do a fresh install of win 10? Or maybe it's possible to " upgrade" like a fresh install?

Try running sfc /scannow from a Command Prompt run as administrator.

You may get a warning at the end that says there was file corruption that Windows couldn't fix, but this is likely due to a Windows update in May that causes this. Hopefully if it finds any actual corruption, it will fix it.