8.1 hangs on login, can't solve the issue. also win 10 update question

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hello my PC started hangin on login yesturday.
The day before that I had several windows updates installed, including an update flagged as " important" however system restore won't solve the issue.

It gets really fast as usually to the login screen, i write my password and it hangs, brings back the lock screen, then i push space, it hangs again and brings back the lock screen, i press space for third time and it will get past, then the system works as usual.

Happend 2 times the last hour, i checked event logger after both reboot and there are no errors or warnings or criticals listed related to the weird hanging. actually the only warning i have is a kernel-pnp AMDA00 device error which is related to my asus z97 motherboard and been there since i first set up my pc.

I've uninstalled malwarebytes pro and the issue gone away for half day. now it's back again.

Windows says it can't refresh the system.
I don't want to reinstall windows because in 6 days i will install windows 10 anyway.
Sfc scannow reports corrupted files but it may be related to an update which is told by microsoft, so i don't think actually the system is corrupted, especiall because except the login screen i don't have any issues. Can play all my games on max settings as usual etc.
system is installed on SSD 850 evo 250gb.

I have 2 main questions:
- Do you have any idea what may cause the hanging on login and how could i troubleshoot further?
- I have win10 reserved, if it comes out and updates automatically, could the update cause issues , if my current system is maybe corrupted? or the auto update will grant a FULL fresh install of windows 10 without using an USB stick? maybe from a reserved partition ? or how will that work?

thx for any answers

the error amda00 could be missing asmdia sata drivers. did you make sure that your ssd and other drives are on the intel sata ports and not 3 party ones?? from intel web page download the newest intel chipset drivers and mei drivers.
see if that fixes the missing drivers issue and your log on issue.

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
i was browsing asus forums and that warning seems to be related to ai suite 3, and some missing temperature monitoring sensors on the motherboard, at least thats the conclusion i came to because lots of people reported the same on asus forum and even if i open hwinfo64 i can see 4 incorrect values like 130C on motherboard and there is exactly 4 of those sensors. but asi said i have this warning since i've built my PC. :/

Also i have 6x sata 6gbps ports and system ssd is connected to number 1 which was adviced in the motherboard manual if i remember right.
latest MEI and chipset is also installed :/

since the issue seemed to came up after a recent windows update i also used the update diagnostic tool, and it told me it had 3 issues fixed:
serivce registration missing or corrupt: fixed
update erorr 0x80070005(2015-07-23-T-08_58_57P) : fixed
problems installing recent updates: fixed

However if i run the diagnostic tool again it will report this exact same 3 thing over and over ....

denisehilton

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I was having the same issue until this expert helped me out and i was able to solve the problem https://www.fiverr.com/umairhp/provide-quick-solutions-for-all-your-computer-problems. The problem is i don't remember how i did it because i didn't save the procedure. But this guy might be able to help you.