[SOLVED] 8+8+8+8 Gb Ram is it possible? If it is, does it mean Dual Channel? And finally what is Dual Channel? :)

Jan 9, 2021
1 - I have four sticks of 8Gb ram, and four slots on my motherboard. So if I use four of them will I be using 32gb of it or will it make quadcore 16gb. Overall I don't get the logic here. Because on internet people always say "Oh noo dont use dual-core! What have you done" etc etc.

2 - Is it better if I buy a stick of 16 gb instead and use it with one of my 8gb ram?

Thank you for your responses!

Solution
Because on internet people always say "Oh noo dont use dual-core! What have you done" etc etc.
Thank you for the help but I don't get it, why people always say dont put rams side by side so you make the other go to waste by dual channeling it etc
Answer--because most people on the Internet are stupid, and the place you're getting this information is full of bad information.

Dual or quad-channel memory performance is a function of the cpu and motherboard, and that will determine what you can use and at what speed. There is no universal 'one is worse than the other' answer for it.
Jan 9, 2021
Sorry about miswriting. I wanted to say quad channel or dual channel instead of quadcore. Thank you for the help but I don't get it, why people always say dont put rams side by side so you make the other go to waste by dual channeling it etc

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry about miswriting I wanted to say quad channel or dual channel. Thank you for the help but I don't get it, why people always say dont put rams side by side so you make the other go to waste by dual channeling it etc
Your motherboard user manual will tell you the optimal configurations.

With only 2x RAM sticks, you put them on 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.
If 4x RAM sticks, obviously you use all 4.

Because on internet people always say "Oh noo dont use dual-core! What have you done" etc etc.
Thank you for the help but I don't get it, why people always say dont put rams side by side so you make the other go to waste by dual channeling it etc
Answer--because most people on the Internet are stupid, and the place you're getting this information is full of bad information.

Dual or quad-channel memory performance is a function of the cpu and motherboard, and that will determine what you can use and at what speed. There is no universal 'one is worse than the other' answer for it.

Solution