Question 8 beeps, overheated gpu?

agiantfatman

Commendable
Feb 26, 2019
Hey again, all! Thanks for your continued assistance with my troubles. My GPU had been running about 35* on startup recently after I got many and more smaller issues squared away. Then it went to 40*. I started it up yesterday and it crashed to black screen. I powered it off, then on, and I got 8 beeps followed by 5 beeps. After a few turn off/on cycles I now only get 8 beeps. Steps I am going to do tonight:

Remove GPU and cycle, check heatsink and thermal paste, check MOBO if those 2 fail.

Google told me a million different things like faulty GPU or memory, so I'm wondering what y'all think. A thousand thank yous!

Thread for specs (at work, sorry!) https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/amd-driver-issues.3456854/

agiantfatman

Commendable
Feb 26, 2019
How old is the EVGA PSU you're working with? What sort of task did you tax the system with?

Thank you so much for the reply! I was watching Netflix and playing fifa on 2x monitors right when it went down. The GPU fan was weirdly running at 20% and never went up. I've never seen it do that. The psu is older for sure, but the PC runs with black screen at startup so I didn't think to question it this time around. Thanks a whole lot, man.