8 GB installed 3.97 Usable

Juddy22

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
I bought extra 4gb ram Adata 1600 mhz ddr3 and they seem to work fine with my previuos ram, Patriot G series 2x2 1600 mhz. But my pc stucked so i restarted and changed bios settings to default and now it seems to read only 4 gb of ram.

I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit

In pc properties it says 8 Gb of ram 3.97 usable.

In resource monitor it says that 4123 MB are hardware reserved (Memory that is reserved for use by the bios and some drivers for other peripherals) My motherbopard is Asrock 970 extreme 3 and my bios is 1.80 (newest).

So my question what I should pick in bios options so that ram sticks work together again? Or problems isn't there?

I tried search for memory remap but there is no such thing i my bios, also checked msconfig for maximum boot ram everyting look good there.

Juddy22

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Well in bold text i said that i checked msconfig and i don't have any maximum memory options selected, however u said unckeck the v on memory sorry but i don't see any v in there can u give more details?

eghost99

Reputable
May 23, 2014
jsnihf.jpg

i hope you understand i'm with hebrew version
uncheck like i do, the right side is processors

Juddy22

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Like i said you are talking about maximum ram i said in bold text that this is unchecked in my main question, there must be something else please rad the topic question, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS