8-inch Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet Specs, Press Photo Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyso

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
This better be cheap. 1.5ghz dual core and rather poor screen. The 7.0 version seems to be quite lacking and to me at least looks more like a budget option.

alextheblue

Distinguished
The resolution doesn't bother me. The screen isn't big enough for it to really matter that much. The main thing is the processor... they didn't say what type of processor cores, just clock speeds and dual core, so it's hard to say exactly how fast or slow it is. But I'd bet it's a fairly low-end chip - so let's hope they price it accordingly.

That's the problem, I don't think the price will be that low. That should be the price for the 16GB version, the 8GB should be something like $99.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
When year old phones, with smaller form factors, are more powerful, this sucks. As others have said, maybe if it's $99.

evilaaron11

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I swear. Samsung is slowly becoming Apple. They think that because they have an established brand that they can release sub-par products and still get loads of money. These specs are anything but impressive.

Nathan Yang

Honorable
May 19, 2013
This will sell well if it's priced below the new upcoming Nexus tablet. But really, the specs for the refresh of the Galaxy Note 8 will be more interesting.

Nathan Yang

Honorable
May 19, 2013
This will sell well if it's priced below the new upcoming Nexus tablet. But really, the specs for the refresh of the Galaxy Note 8 will be more interesting.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
"Is this the Somalian version? No quad core? No 1080p? No 4G? No Wi-Fi 802.11ac? Only 1 GB of RAM? Seriously, only a 5 MP camera? 5 MP! What is this, 2007? "
Anything under 10 is useless to me, and at this size 720p is fine. Having said that I'd add to this comment where is usb 3.0. Usb 2.0 means no purchase for me today also. I hate when I hook up an external drive that isn't 3.0. What would it cost to rev this tablet up? $10? For usb3 and a few other upgraded things? USB 3.0 and 802.11AC should at least be in there as they both affect a large audience and just about make the device unusable for me. I can almost forgive the quad but just based on how good the Nexus 10 dual is.
For this to sell it better be under $200 and closer to $170. I don't use a tablet as a camera so again that's useless to me.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
1.5 GHz dual-core is terrible at this point. My Nexus 7 is overclocked to 1.6GHz with no problems, and it is quad core, plus it came out almost a year ago. Samsung will probably charge at least $300 too.
In general these small tablets are kind of useless in my opinion. If you want a tablet that small you might as well get a fairly big phone such as the Note 2, HTC One, or even the Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3/S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.