Question 8 Monitors Setup

marcus.deandrade

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
I'm currently building a server with the intent of using it for a monitoring team, which have the following specs:

• i7 4770
  • Asus B85M-E Motherboard
  • 16GB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz

And for video card I have two options:

- 1x AMD Radeon D RX570 8GB + 4 Plugable USB 3.0 to HDMI converters
Or
- 2x AMD Radeon D RX570 4GB

This machine must have 8 monitors attached to it, each of those, in the worst case scenario, would show up to 36 different cameras at a very low framerate, because the internet here sucks. In both cases, I would use a DisplayPort to HDMI converter as needed.

My question here is: those specs would work? With two Radeon RX570 4GB, said server would get too hot?

I'm sorry if there's any mistake, english is my second language.
Thanks in advance!

Instead of 8 monitors why not use a few larger monitors or even simply TVs? If you are using a camera system the software should have the ability to split the screens. USB video cards can be pretty bad to use, I would avoid those if possible. A couple of 65" 4k TVs would display a lot of data.

marcus.deandrade

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
Instead of 8 monitors why not use a few larger monitors or even simply TVs? If you are using a camera system the software should have the ability to split the screens. USB video cards can be pretty bad to use, I would avoid those if possible. A couple of 65" 4k TVs would display a lot of data.
I wasn't clear on my info, we're using TVs, if I'm not mistaken each is 48". We're planing on using those because we already have 6 of them on the base that we are shutting down. Now we just need 4 of them to stream all the cameras we need, but I'm thinking on the future already, since those 4 TVs are almost out of space.

I wasn't clear on my info, we're using TVs, if I'm not mistaken each is 48". We're planing on using those because we already have 6 of them on the base that we are shutting down. Now we just need 4 of them to stream all the cameras we need, but I'm thinking on the future already, since those 4 TVs are almost out of space.

Two of these may work for you https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce...T0YyFnVHKiZM3pAnCmhoCWd8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Have 4 HDMI outputs each, pretty cheap. Never used them but looks like they will do the trick.

nVidia Quadro K1200 also comes in 4 port with display port connectors, but would need to be used for a good price on them. https://www.amazon.com/PNY-NVIDIA-Quadro-K1200-VCQK1200DP-PB/dp/B00UPHAT2C