[SOLVED] 8 Pin Adapter Two Molex Or 6 Pin?

letmeshot3

Prominent
Jul 8, 2019
I am goin to buy an adaptor to convert to 8 pin. I heard some converters use two molex to 8 pin, some use 6 pin to 8 pin. I thought that using 2 molex would be safer because 6 pin cables may not able to get that much amp but two molex can do it. So what is your opinion.

edit:
rs-500-psap-j3 500 w psu cooler master
2+4 gig ddr3 ram
one sata hdd 7200 rp
g3260 intel
gtx 760 8 pin

Last edited:
Solution
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt this. You need a new PSU. A garbage PSU with the correct connectors does not make it a better PSU. It makes it a garbage PSU with the correct connectors.

STOP your research for adapters NOW. START your research for an appropriate PSU.

USAFRet

Titan
I am goin to buy an adaptor to convert to 8 pin. I heard some converters use two molex to 8 pin, some use 6 pin to 8 pin. I thought that using 2 molex would be safer because 6 pin cables may not able to get that much amp but two molex can do it. So what is your opinion.
  1. Adapters like this are almost universally a bad idea.
  2. We'd need a full listing of ALL the parts, before and proposed after.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT attempt this. You need a new PSU. A garbage PSU with the correct connectors does not make it a better PSU. It makes it a garbage PSU with the correct connectors.

STOP your research for adapters NOW. START your research for an appropriate PSU.

Solution