[SOLVED] 8 pin cable extenstion to 6+2 psu cable

Mar 20, 2020
My gpu has two 8 pin connectors so can i use 8 pin cable extensions on my 6+2 cables from my power supply. I know i could just get 6+2 cable extensions but to get the pro cables from cable mod they have to be 8 pin extensions. Im assuming i could just plug the 6+2 cable into the 8 pin extension but just havent ever tried it before and thought that maybe for some reason they wouldn't fit because of the way the 6+2 connect together.

Solution
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Anything that can take an 8-pin PCIe cable can take a 6+2 cable.

The intent for the 6+2 cable was to be universal, and thus be able to be used wherever an 8-pin was needed OR wherever a 6 -pin was needed.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. Anything that can take an 8-pin PCIe cable can take a 6+2 cable.

The intent for the 6+2 cable was to be universal, and thus be able to be used wherever an 8-pin was needed OR wherever a 6 -pin was needed.

Solution
Mar 20, 2020

Thats what i figured. Ive just never used cable extensions before and wanted to make sure before and went ahead and ordered them thanks.