8 vs 16GB Ram

Zaman786Ahmad

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
i have currently have 8gb installed in my comp and got another r8gb for free of a friend so shall i sell this other 8gb stick or install it to total to 16gb rm

i am only gaming on this computer maybe some file converting

Solution
well, having a second or third monitor will use more ram, unless you just extend your game onto it. if you want to game on 1, monitor temps and clocks on another, and watch a youtube tutorial on the game you play (for example) then definitely keep the 16gb. also, you wont be able to sell it for more than ~$40 if used, ~$60 if new.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Well, considering you got it for free, I would keep it and just toss it in the machine. Why not? As long as you are (I hope) running a 64bit Windows OS since 32bit has a 4Gb (well, ok, 3.5Gb) max... :) Nothing wrong with having more RAM, especially if it's free.

well, having a second or third monitor will use more ram, unless you just extend your game onto it. if you want to game on 1, monitor temps and clocks on another, and watch a youtube tutorial on the game you play (for example) then definitely keep the 16gb. also, you wont be able to sell it for more than ~$40 if used, ~$60 if new.

Solution