Question 80-100 FPS with RTX 3080?!?

Oct 29, 2020
I have absolutely no clue what is happening or causing the low frames with my 3080.

Computer: Asus Rog Strix Z490 E, i7-10700k, 2x8 vengeance 3600 MHz, aio cpu cooler, gigabyte oc rtx 3080, and 850w PSU.

I play on 1440p highest settings. I have swapped to a 1080p and experienced 0 change. I have put all settings to low in game and again, 0 change. I’m absolutely clueless. All drivers are updated, mother board is AI over locked, in which I have played with it on and off without change. Please help!

Nanofaux

Commendable
Aug 12, 2020
RAM only at 2400mhz?
Yeah, well, the kit I bought several years ago, back when I wasn't as "aware" of anything beyond the rated capacity as I wasn't as "tech-savvy" (I guess is the word, lol), was a 2400MHz kit. I do want to upgrade it to something like 32/3600 however since I already have 32 GB, and my general usage of my PC doesn't warrant anything beyond 32, combined with the fact that Intel CPUs don't take advantage of higher memory speeds compared to AMD CPUs makes it a little harder for me to warrant spending money on a whole new RAM kit just for increased speed, and nothing else.

Yeah, well, the kit I bought several years ago, back when I wasn't as "aware" of anything beyond the rated capacity as I wasn't as "tech-savvy" (I guess is the word, lol), was a 2400MHz kit. I do want to upgrade it to something like 32/3600 however since I already have 32 GB, and my general usage of my PC doesn't warrant anything beyond 32, combined with the fact that Intel CPUs don't take advantage of higher memory speeds compared to AMD CPUs makes it a little harder for me to warrant spending money on a whole new RAM kit just for increased speed, and nothing else.

yes AMD are more affected by the RAM speed but it doesn't mean intel did not benefit at all from faster RAM speed. also 2400mhz is quite on the low side.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj5sJARtEV0

Oct 29, 2020
Make sure you don't have MSI Afterburner or any other monitoring software running when you run the benchmark. Also, make sure to enable XMP/D.O.C.P in BIOS.
I had XMP on but took it off thinking this was the reason. Sphere failure. Not sure wtf is happening. I was not running anything else other then benchmark.